September 19, 2012 § Leave a comment
Decorating with black can be smart and stylish! I know it can be a little scary but it is so daring, dramatic and definitely sexy! Black is actually trendy in decorating these days and it offers a very modern look to your home. The use of black makes other colors really pop. Just make sure the room you are deciding to pain black is spacious enough. Black can often shrink a room and make it look smaller than it actually is. Though sometimes, associated with death gloom, black is more commonly associated with strength, wisdom and intelligence. (That’s why it’s in the Real Deal logo). So we decided to scour the web to find some of our favorite uses of black in the home.
Photo Credit: Fresh Home
Photo Credit : Bright Nest
Photo Credit: Interior Arcade
February 27, 2012 § Leave a comment
If there’s one thing I learned from watching the Super Bowl commercials this year is that we love our dogs and I am just as guilty as the next. Cute dogs, dogs with personality, dogs bribing their owners….I just can’t get enough. So we decided to scour the internet and find our top 5 favorite pets & furniture pictures! Which one’s your favorite?! Feel free to send us the ones you love as well!
November 9, 2011 § Leave a comment
With so many furniture stores in San Diego all competing for one thing…..to put furniture in your home, we know it’s hard to sometimes choose who to shop with. At Real Deal Furniture & Mattress we are family. So we thought we take a little time to introduce you to our furniture family. Meet Danny……
Danny Pollock aka DJ Theorycraft
How long have you worked at Real Deal? 4 years
Where are you from? Bronx, NY
Favorite local hangout. Pants Party
What’s the worst thing you’ve ever eaten? Jellyfish
What was your first job? Pushing carts at Target
When did you have your first kiss? 13 in Spain
What’s your favorite piece of furniture at Real Deal? Santa Monica Sofa Set and the Fiji Geltop Comforpedic “Dope” Mattress
One tip on shopping for furniture or design you have. Bring in your measurements and bloody mary’s, the experience will go much smoother. PS. I like them the spicy.
Catch Danny at the showroom Tuesdays, Saturdays & Sundays or melting faces at various clubs in San Diego with today’s dopest electronic music.
June 10, 2011 § Leave a comment
It’s been three weeks and exactly one day since I was adopted into the Real Deal family and I’m so happy to be here! 😉 How I got here is actually a story in and of itself that will be probably be in a separate post shortly but in three short weeks I’ve learned some quite valuable lessons that anyone part of the Real Deal family should know.
Ten things I’ve learned at Real Deal:
1. Family is number one! Always!
2. When it comes to food sharing is caring and there’s plenty of caring here to make me fat!
3. Business is all about relationships. You can’t have a successful business if you don’t have successful relationships.
4. When it comes to someone’s furniture, it is a big deal and nothing means more than meaning what you say and saying what you mean and then delivering on it all.
5. When you need a minute to get away, just stare at the fish…they’ll always make you smile.
6. The phones will never stop ringing….ever!
7. Change can be hard but unless you’re willing to get a little uncomfortable, you’ll never grow.
8. You CAN have enough candy and you will when you spend all day in the showroom.
9. All good things have missions and I like our mission here.
10. Working together as a team is always better, for us and for our customers.