November 21, 2012 § Leave a comment
I’ve rolled over and succumbed to the love of Pinterest….yup I am obsessed. How did they get so many fabulous ideas in one place! I seriously spend hours there! Recently I came across some of the most creative headboard ideas I’d ever seen and I just HAD to share! Most of them look totally DIY and scream way more personality than your more traditional styles.
See more of our creative furniture ideas on our Pinterest Board!
January 25, 2012 § Leave a comment
With each turn of a new year, I always get a little antsy and want to change things up in my home. I think I’ve always been this way. Even when I was little I loved to re-arrange my room every couple of months. I just loved the excitement of change. These days my energy levels aren’t as high as they were when I was kid and instead of re-arranging which requires massive amount of energy I try incorporate other design changes. Designing doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg. Sometimes just a little pop of color in an accent chair or a new art piece or rug can really change the look and feel of your space. Here are some of 2012’s hottest design trends…..you can get on a budget.
2. Confident Colors – be confident in adding pops of color to your space. Go bold or go home! 😉 Accent chairs in big beautiful colors can add tons of character Good thing you can get those starting $149.
3. Naturals – linens give a beautiful clean and fresh feel. Adding a light linen lamp accents and adds a light touch of warmth to any end or side table.
4. New Najavo – if a full patterned rug is out of your comfort zone adding a smaller wall covering can really brighten up a space.
5. Warm Metals – Brass is a beautiful substitute to gold without all the flash. A small accent table can really add a touch of style and class.
6. Metallic Bowls – If an entire piece in brass, gold or silver is a little much, try adding a little sparkle and sheen with decorative metallic bowls.
7. Foundry – Add a touch of the industrial to get an edgy trendy look. Great as accent pieces above a shelf or over the mantel or as occasional cocktail and coffee tables.
Remember, if you ever need us to find something for you. We can always try!
January 12, 2012 § Leave a comment
We loved finding new and unusual and of course creative ways people have made furniture fun. Here are our top 11 picks for 2011!
January 6, 2012 § Leave a comment
Here’s a little design inspiration for you guys! In our weekly WTFUrniture?! findings I stumbled across this amazing magnetic sofa that I think is the coolest sofa that is also a modern sofa I’ve ever seen! It’s called the Magnetic Floating Cloud Sofa. The magnetic field supports the seating and keeps the seating. Crazy! How about that for innovative!
November 15, 2011 § Leave a comment
Sometimes I wonder why I live in San Diego just because the spaces are small. But then all I need is a weekend away in Portland, where it’s gray, cloudy & rainy EVERY single day to remember why I love it here so much…..sorry Grace….I probably won’t move soon. 🙂 So while I’m pretty much stuck here because I love the sun I figured I better learn some tips & tricks to makes making my tiny little apartment feel & look much bigger.
Tip 1: If you’re putting curtains over your windows, extend the rod slightly outside the frame of the window. Using sheer drapes also let more light int which will automatically increase the feel of your room.
Tip 2: Mirrors have always been a tried & true way to open up space. Creating reflections help increase depth. I love this over sized leaning mirror. It not only creates a reflection but it also serves as the space’s focal point.
Tip 3: People often think pushing all your furniture to the walls makes the room look bigger when it fact it actually makes it feel colder. Try centering your furniture & arranging them at angles. Triangle shapes tend to invite conversation.
November 1, 2011 § Leave a comment
It’s kind of sad how under-appreciated, overlooked & neglected an area rug often is in the whole furniture buying process and how powerful of an impact it can have on the overall look and feel of a room. There isn’t an simpler, cheaper and easier to fix way to bring some bold colors and patterns into your space. The area rugs here completely transform the space, adding color, pizzaz, drama and everything else you need to make your space pop! Come check out all our area rugs in our San Diego showroom and let us help make your space feel like your prefect home!
September 28, 2011 § Leave a comment