2012 Design Trends….on a budget.
January 25, 2012 § Leave a comment
With each turn of a new year, I always get a little antsy and want to change things up in my home. I think I’ve always been this way. Even when I was little I loved to re-arrange my room every couple of months. I just loved the excitement of change. These days my energy levels aren’t as high as they were when I was kid and instead of re-arranging which requires massive amount of energy I try incorporate other design changes. Designing doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg. Sometimes just a little pop of color in an accent chair or a new art piece or rug can really change the look and feel of your space. Here are some of 2012’s hottest design trends…..you can get on a budget.
2. Confident Colors – be confident in adding pops of color to your space. Go bold or go home! 😉 Accent chairs in big beautiful colors can add tons of character Good thing you can get those starting $149.
3. Naturals – linens give a beautiful clean and fresh feel. Adding a light linen lamp accents and adds a light touch of warmth to any end or side table.
4. New Najavo – if a full patterned rug is out of your comfort zone adding a smaller wall covering can really brighten up a space.
5. Warm Metals – Brass is a beautiful substitute to gold without all the flash. A small accent table can really add a touch of style and class.
6. Metallic Bowls – If an entire piece in brass, gold or silver is a little much, try adding a little sparkle and sheen with decorative metallic bowls.
7. Foundry – Add a touch of the industrial to get an edgy trendy look. Great as accent pieces above a shelf or over the mantel or as occasional cocktail and coffee tables.
Remember, if you ever need us to find something for you. We can always try!