What is Layaway for Furniture Stores
January 19, 2012 § 2 Comments
I really don’t know why there is such a stigma with layaway. Basically layaway is just another way to purchase something without paying for it all at once but instead of getting the item first and incurring debt and the interest that comes along with it, you completely pay for the item in installments and receive the item after it’s paid off. essentially we, We do the same thing with our homes, with our car, and other big purchases we make everyday when we finance or put it on a credit card except we receive the item first and then continue to pay on it for 3 months or 20 years depending on the transaction. Here’s how our layaway program works:
Layaway Fast Facts:
– Our layaway contract is for 6 months (180 days)
– Pricing will be held for 3 months (90 days). Price increases that occur after 3 months will be applied on existing Layaway contracts, unless 50% of your contract has been paid off
– A $100 minimum deposit is required for all new Layaway contracts
– All monies paid towards a Layaway contract are non-refundable
– There is no service or monthly fee on Layaway contracts
– Layaway contracts cannot be cancelled or refunded
– There is no required payment schedule or minimum monthly payments
– ETA dates do not start on Layaway items until 50% of the total Layaway contract has been paid
– Layaway contracts cannot be changed once you have made payments totaling 50% or more of the original contract amount
– You will receive your merchandise once your Layaway contract has been paid in its entirety
The following merchandise cannot be put on Layaway – NO EXCEPTIONS
– Clearance Items
– Floor Model Sale Items
Availability of Merchandise:
Our merchandise must be ordered. If you are buying merchandise on layaway, we will order your layaway item when you have paid half of the total Layaway contract. ETA dates do not begin until 50% has been paid.
If the original items purchased on Layaway are discontinued by our manufacturers, we will credit all money you have paid towards any other item available in our store or through our dealer only catalogs. We do not give any refunds, as all sales are final
Layaway Transaction Rules:
– Acceptable payment options are: cash, check, credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express), debit card or gift cards.
– No partial take homes are permitted.
– Credit card payments may be made over the phone with paperwork faxed or emailed for signatures and check payments may be mailed in, however with checks if paying off a balance in full, merchandise will not be released until the check has cleared
Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions!