January 31, 2012 § 1 Comment
So we just had to do it…..with all the craze of the Sh*t people say videos we just had to make ours! We love our customers more than anyone but sometimes you guys really say things that make us think….really? And it’s because we can all laugh about it that keeps us sane and makes furniture fun. Fun furniture? You’d think those two words din’t really mix well but we really like to laugh and have a good time here. So here’s a video that we think anyone that’s ever worked in retail can relate to.
January 25, 2012 § Leave a comment
With each turn of a new year, I always get a little antsy and want to change things up in my home. I think I’ve always been this way. Even when I was little I loved to re-arrange my room every couple of months. I just loved the excitement of change. These days my energy levels aren’t as high as they were when I was kid and instead of re-arranging which requires massive amount of energy I try incorporate other design changes. Designing doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg. Sometimes just a little pop of color in an accent chair or a new art piece or rug can really change the look and feel of your space. Here are some of 2012’s hottest design trends…..you can get on a budget.
2. Confident Colors – be confident in adding pops of color to your space. Go bold or go home! 😉 Accent chairs in big beautiful colors can add tons of character Good thing you can get those starting $149.
3. Naturals – linens give a beautiful clean and fresh feel. Adding a light linen lamp accents and adds a light touch of warmth to any end or side table.
4. New Najavo – if a full patterned rug is out of your comfort zone adding a smaller wall covering can really brighten up a space.
5. Warm Metals – Brass is a beautiful substitute to gold without all the flash. A small accent table can really add a touch of style and class.
6. Metallic Bowls – If an entire piece in brass, gold or silver is a little much, try adding a little sparkle and sheen with decorative metallic bowls.
7. Foundry – Add a touch of the industrial to get an edgy trendy look. Great as accent pieces above a shelf or over the mantel or as occasional cocktail and coffee tables.
Remember, if you ever need us to find something for you. We can always try!
January 24, 2012 § Leave a comment
Let us tell you a furniture story. It goes a little something like this:
Customer walks into the store: “I would like to order a California King Bed.”
Real Deal: “Great! I will be happy to order that for you!”
Customer: “That was easy! I’m excited to expect it in 3 weeks”
Two Weeks Later:
Real Deal: “Good news. Your furniture is here early!”
Customer: “That’s fantastic news! Can I get it delivered this weekend?”
Real Deal: “You sure can.”
Day of Delivery:
Real Deal sets up the bed in the room. “Looks great” the customer responds. “Can you guys help me put the mattress in?” Real Deal is happy to help but unfortunately the mattress doesn’t fit.
Real Deal: “Sir, your mattress is an Eastern King bed and will not fit in the California King bed frame.”
Customer: “No it must fit! Fit it in!”…….CRACK! Beautiful new bed is broken.
We tell you this story not to throw our customer under the bus but just as a reminder to always double check what your mattress or bed size is before buying a new mattress or bed frame. And just as a reference to provide you with a mattress size chart. I am definitely guilty of it too. Before I started working in the furniture world, I thought California King beds were much larger than normal Eastern King beds and they really aren’t. They are just longer and actually shorter in width. Rumor has it, it was actually Arnold Schwarzenegger that invented the California King Bed. Being so tall, he needed a bed that fit his length and since he was the governor of California, it was called a California King Bed.
Mattress Sizes Chart
January 19, 2012 § 2 Comments
I really don’t know why there is such a stigma with layaway. Basically layaway is just another way to purchase something without paying for it all at once but instead of getting the item first and incurring debt and the interest that comes along with it, you completely pay for the item in installments and receive the item after it’s paid off. essentially we, We do the same thing with our homes, with our car, and other big purchases we make everyday when we finance or put it on a credit card except we receive the item first and then continue to pay on it for 3 months or 20 years depending on the transaction. Here’s how our layaway program works:
Layaway Fast Facts:
– Our layaway contract is for 6 months (180 days)
– Pricing will be held for 3 months (90 days). Price increases that occur after 3 months will be applied on existing Layaway contracts, unless 50% of your contract has been paid off
– A $100 minimum deposit is required for all new Layaway contracts
– All monies paid towards a Layaway contract are non-refundable
– There is no service or monthly fee on Layaway contracts
– Layaway contracts cannot be cancelled or refunded
– There is no required payment schedule or minimum monthly payments
– ETA dates do not start on Layaway items until 50% of the total Layaway contract has been paid
– Layaway contracts cannot be changed once you have made payments totaling 50% or more of the original contract amount
– You will receive your merchandise once your Layaway contract has been paid in its entirety
The following merchandise cannot be put on Layaway – NO EXCEPTIONS
– Clearance Items
– Floor Model Sale Items
Availability of Merchandise:
Our merchandise must be ordered. If you are buying merchandise on layaway, we will order your layaway item when you have paid half of the total Layaway contract. ETA dates do not begin until 50% has been paid.
If the original items purchased on Layaway are discontinued by our manufacturers, we will credit all money you have paid towards any other item available in our store or through our dealer only catalogs. We do not give any refunds, as all sales are final
Layaway Transaction Rules:
– Acceptable payment options are: cash, check, credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express), debit card or gift cards.
– No partial take homes are permitted.
– Credit card payments may be made over the phone with paperwork faxed or emailed for signatures and check payments may be mailed in, however with checks if paying off a balance in full, merchandise will not be released until the check has cleared
Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions!
January 12, 2012 § Leave a comment
We loved finding new and unusual and of course creative ways people have made furniture fun. Here are our top 11 picks for 2011!
January 6, 2012 § Leave a comment
Here’s a little design inspiration for you guys! In our weekly WTFUrniture?! findings I stumbled across this amazing magnetic sofa that I think is the coolest sofa that is also a modern sofa I’ve ever seen! It’s called the Magnetic Floating Cloud Sofa. The magnetic field supports the seating and keeps the seating. Crazy! How about that for innovative!