December 27, 2011 § Leave a comment
Frank Sinatra once said, “Basically, I’m for anything that gets you through the night – be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels.” My thought is he also probably had a super comfy accent chair to help him get through the night as well and the Sinatra accent chair would be perfect. I can picture it now, Frank Sinatra curled up in the chair, blanket over the legs and a glass of Jack in his hand. Built with super plush seating we are sad to see this chair go.
December 26, 2011 § Leave a comment
One of the hottest trends this year was definitely French Laundry Style Furniture. This is a more relaxed style that often incorporates lighter weight fabrics, like linens and cottons. The colors are subdued, light and bright. Often tans, ivory’s and white are used with the occasional “pop” of black or red for accents. A large part of the fabrics used with this style incorporate text or script writing and stripes. It isn’t unusual to see the occasional burlap sack (think potato sacks) thrown in.
When decorating with a French Laundry aesthetic, keep the following tips in mind:
* Bright and Breezy: think of the wind blowing through a field on a sunny day and keep your color palette light and natural.
* Texture: look for fabrics such as burlap and linen for a rustic country feel.
*Pattern: common patterns associated with French Laundry are toiles, ticking stripes and vintage countryside images.
One of our favorite pieces this year that resembles the French Laundry Style Furniture was ” The Juliet” sofa. It’s elegant yet casual style graced our showroom floor for a long time but now it’s time to see her go. Check out our HUGE clearance sale going on NOW.
December 26, 2011 § Leave a comment
Debating between getting a new latex mattress and a memory foam mattress? Not sure which is better or more importantly which is better for you Here’s a quick video to offer some tips in helping make your decision in the big fight between latex & memory foam.
December 21, 2011 § Leave a comment
One of the easiest fabrics to clean when it comes to your sofa is definitely microfiber. We love recommending it to our customers because it is durable & repels water, however there are some tips & tricks to cleaning it.
Microfiber furniture will commonly come with a tag that has one of the special microfiber codes that tell you how to clean it. The tags will say, W, S, S-W, or X.
- W means you must use water based cleaning solution.
- S means you must use a “solvent” based cleaner
- S-W means you can use S or W type cleaners
- X means you can vacuum only (so, no water or solvent based cleaning solutions).
If you get a stain on your microfiber sofa here’s our method to cleaning.
- Move the microfiber sofa out from the wall if necessary. Remove any pillows.
- Vacuum the sofa with a soft-bristled brush attachment. Work from the top to the bottom. Take off removable cushions, and vacuum underneath them to remove crumbs and debris.
- Fill a bucket with warm water and 2 teaspoons mild detergent.
- Dip a soft cloth into the bucket, and wring it out. Gently wipe the sofa to remove any spills, stains and residue. If you catch a spill immediately after it happens generally patting the spill will lift it from the fabric as microfiber repels water. Allow the microfiber sofa to air-dry completely.
- Brush the sofa with a fine-toothed comb to restore the nap. Combing softens the texture and untangles the fibers.
Here are some of our favorite microfiber sofas.
December 10, 2011 § Leave a comment
Real Deal Furniture Introduces the New Paula Deen Home Furniture Collection! Bringing the Southern tradition, charm & comfort to Southern California.
December 8, 2011 § Leave a comment
Michael is sophisticated and classy. Michael is also long and well supported with super plush channel fiber seating. Michael has mastered the skill of blending comfort and design. When Michael first came to Real Deal he was a bit neglected and had not yet come out of his shell. But now as he has become more comfortable with this surroundings, Michael has adjusted well to us at Real Deal and taken center spotlight at the front of the showroom. Michael takes great pride in his clean lines & sleek design.
Michael is available in over 500 different fabrics and as a sofa or sectional and starts at $899 for a sofa and a lifetime of love. He’s dying to meet you at the showroom!
December 7, 2011 § Leave a comment
So you’re shopping for a new mattress and you’re not sure where to start? You’ve heard a lot about memory foam & tempurpedic mattress but there’s this new upcoming latex mattress too, which one should you get? Don’t worry we hear it all the time. Hopefully in this 7 part series we can help show you some of the differences, pros & cons between latex mattresses and memory foam mattress.
Part 6:Ease of Movement
Part of the reason why people love the “hugging” sensation of memory foam so much also make it a little harder to comfortably move around in the mattress. Latex seems to be a little less resistant to movement.